Friday, February 27, 2009

That Entry

Hello world.
I'm back.

This is the requisite, "I'm back" entry. The entry where I apologize for being so MIA and thank my readers profusely for sticking with me. The time in a blog where I explain that I was busy and then busier, and then just exhausted and taking a break from everything that involved anything, and then I got caught up in some stupid, stupid, stupid, poorly written books about stupid teenage vampires. And then when I finally had time to write/realized how stupid the vampire books were (and continue to be), I was a little unsure about how exactly to get back on the proverbial horse. But then it dawned on me: Just write an entry about how you are going to start writing, about how you are sorry that you have been gone, but that you are back again.

And so that's what I'm doing.

Also required in this sort of come back is a brief update of what I have been doing for the last several months. . . it should be a sentence, no more.

Since November, I finished medicine, went to California, came back to Alaska, started and completed my pediatric rotation (right now, I am about 95% pediatrician, 5% family medicine doc - more on that dilemma later), went backcountry skiing, got new skis and bindings, went backcountry skiing again on my AMAZING new skis and bindings (thanks Luc and Tarby), broke some pipes in my apartment, saw Josh Ritter (love the boy), went out dancing a few times, have generally been enjoying myself despite the fact that I continue to have agonizing dilemmas about what I am doing with my next year/life, and am welcoming back the sun. Speaking of the sun - damn, it's nice to have it back. Speaking of the weather - it's been all over the place. No global warming up here, Sarah Palin says so.

And last requirement of this entry (self-imposed) is a tantalizing teaser of things to come:
I'm on psych now, working at the state lock-down psych facility, need I say more? My goal (if you put goals up in public, you are more likely to hold yourself to them) is to write at least weekly.

So to recap:
I'm sorry I've been gone for so long, I did some shit, fat skis rock, there are some crazy folks in the world, most importantly, thank you for your patience, encouragement, and continued attention, and I'm back.

No comments: