Saturday, July 19, 2008

Part 4: Economic Down-Turn

This is Part 4 of a 4 Part Entry. . you might want to scroll down to Part 1 - Sometimes Dreams Do Come True.
**
Other highlights included an incredibly athletic, very tall black stripper who was so flexible (like pretzel flexible) that I’m pretty sure she had some cartilage disorder. At one point she was doing the splits and then put her arms under her legs and lifted her entire body off of the floor and proceeded to do multiple push-ups. It was like Olympic gymnast quality. I was floored. I went up to the dance floor and gave her money, but I made someone go with me.

A highly informative chance encounter with a different stripper in the bathroom revealed that stripping has lost some of its stigma and has seen an increase in the number of women coming to strip bars. According to her women in strip clubs are a mixed bag because, while they do buy dances, they usually only buy one and they often make the 40 y/o virgin males (“who still live with their moms. . .can you believe that?”) uncomfortable and shy. Just like Sexy Lexi, she loves her job, although she is disappointed by the recent decrease in her earnings which she suspects is due to the economic down-turn and high price of gas.

Very rarely, illusions do (more or less) turn out to be the reality. I am still completely overwhelmed by the amazingness of last night. Really, all that was missing was a pole.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Not sure how I missed this series the first time around. I want to hear more - I think I have the same strange fascination you do...hope you are doing well - hugs from Boise!

D