Saturday, July 19, 2008

Part 3: The Wisdom of our Elders

This is Part 3 of a 4 Part Entry. . you might want to scroll down to Part 1 - Sometimes Dreams Do Come True.
**
When the waitress came over to take our drinks, Sexy Lexi told her my plan. The overweight, older waitress became very concerned that I was serious and said, “Honey, do not drop out of medical school to become a stripper. I mean, you could do it, and maybe do it to pay for school, but don’t drop out of school. It may look glamorous, but it gets old fast. You only have a few years in you, and then, well. . I used to be a stripper, and now look at me – waiting tables here.” I felt like I was in a movie.

I reassured her I wouldn’t do it, and counted myself lucky. It’s not often one receives words of wisdom from a former stripper.

No comments: